I'm sure the Republicans won't believe these numbers, but it's overwhelmingly clear that President Obama connected with the American people with last night's State of the Union address.
• 83% of speech watchers approve of the proposals the president made in his speech tonight. 17% Disapprove.
• 70% of speech watchers think Barack Obama shares the same priorities for the country as they do. 57% thought so before the speech.
• 59% of speech watchers think that Barack Obama has a clear plan for creating jobs. 40% thought so before the speech.
• 72% of speech watchers approve of Barack Obama's plans for dealing with government spending. 28% Disapprove.
• 56% of speech watchers think Barack Obama's economic plans will reduce the budget deficit in the long run, and 71% think they will help ordinary Americans.
Put that in your pipe and smoke, Republicans.